- Computational Linguistics: Combining linguistic knowledge with machine learning methods for natural language processing
- Corpus Linguistics: Compilation, annotation, and analysis of native and learner corpora
- ICALL: Intelligent computer-assisted language learning
- Funded research and software downloads
- APLNG 583: Methods of Language Assessment (Fall 2013)
- APLNG 589: Technology in Foreign Language Education: An
Overview (Fall 2013)
- On sabbatical (and not hosting visitors) in Spring 2014
- List of coures taught
- Gamson, David A., Lu, Xiaofei, & Eckert, Sarah Anne (forthcoming). Challenging the research base of the common core state standards: A historical reanalysis of text complexity. Educational Researcher.
- Zhang, Xian & Lu, Xiaofei (forthcoming). A longitudinal study of receptive vocabulary breadth knowledge growth and vocabulary fluency development. Applied Linguistics.
- Zhang, Jie & Lu, Xiaofei (2013). Variability in Chinese as a
Foreign Language learners' development of the Chinese numeral
classifier system. The Modern Language Journal, 97(s1):46-60.
- Lu, Xiaofei (2012). The
relationship of lexical richness to the quality of ESL learners'
oral narratives. The Modern Language Journal, 96(2):190-208. [Lexical Complexity Analyzer]
- Thorne, Steve L., Fischer, Ingrid, & Lu, Xiaofei (2012).
The semiotic ecology and linguistic complexity of an online game world. ReCall, 24(3):279-301.
- Lu, Xiaofei (2011). A corpus-based evaluation of syntactic complexity measures as indices of college-level ESL writers' language development. TESOL Quarterly, 45(1):36-62.
- Lu, Xiaofei (2010). Automatic analysis of syntactic complexity in second language writing. International Journal of Corpus Linguistics, 15(4):474-496. [L2 Syntactic Complexity Analyzer]
- Lu, Xiaofei (2009). Automatic measurement of syntactic complexity in child language acquisition. International Journal of Corpus Linguistics, 14(1):3-28. [D-Level Analyzer]
- Lu, Xiaofei (2008). Improving part-of-speech guessing of Chinese unknown words using hybrid models. International Journal of Corpus Linguistics, 13(2):169-193.
- Lu, Xiaofei (2008). Hybrid
models for sense guessing of Chinese unknown
words. International Journal of Corpus Linguistics,
- Lu, Xiaofei (2007). A hybrid model for Chinese word segmentation. Journal for Language Technology and Computational Linguistics, 22(1):71-88.
- Complete list of publications