am a Ph.D. ABD in Geography Department
at Penn State University and a research assistant in the GeoVISTA Center
with my advisor Dr.
Since the college year, my interests are always on
GIScience. My Ph.D
research area is framed within a new interdisciplinary
field: geovisual analytics. Specifically, my research focuses
developing new geo-social visual analytical methods that combine
and visual analytics with spatial analysis, social
analysis, and epidemic models to take advantage of human
decision-making ability and computational power with such traditional
methods to facilitate, and enable insight gaining process, as well
as aid decision-making in related applications. More
information can be found in my CV or by
sending me an email.
- 08/07/12 Received an NSF Award to present a poster in CyberGIS'12.
- 05/30/12 Presented a lightning talk: The Integration of
Geography and Social Network Contexts. In
UCGIS 2012 Symposium
- 04/27/12 Received 1st place, E. Willard Miller
Award Paper Competition, Department of Geography
- 03/31/12 Attended No Boundaries Conference as A Panel Discussant
- 03/25/12 Attended Graduate Exhibition
- 11/16/11 Passed Ph.D Comprehensive Exam
- 10/06/11 GeoSocialApp
- 10/05/11 Received an NSF Travel Grant to
attend ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2011.
- 09/22/11 Received an Academic Enrichment Award from
The Ruby S.Miller Endowment Fund in Geography.
- 08/27/11 Wei Luo, et al: ACM LBSN Workshop:
Spatial-Social Network Visualization for Exploratory Data Analysis http://t.co/IKNtlca
passed my proposal defense.
- 03/15/11 Ph.D committee has been
- 02/03/11 posted on the White
House Website by chance.
- 11/29/10 passed my candidacy exam.