This code of ethics is one that I feel is important in life, both personally and professionally.
Personal Code of Ethics
- To be honest- the more honest you are, the more trustworthy you become.
- Have integrity- the better of a person you are, the better an image you present.
- Be responsible- you must be responsible in life so that others can rely on you.
- Tell the truth- the value of truth is immeasurable, because without it, the world would just be filled with lies.
- Give credit where credit is due- without crediting people for their ideas/works, it is considered stealing and we are cheating them of their hard work.
- Be courteous- every act of kindness makes a difference in the life of someone.
- Have respect- one of the most important things is to treat other as you wish to be treated.
- Trust- trust is the building block of relationships we create in our lives.
- Be harmonious- to live together and get along with everyone is a “delicacy” that we all long for.
- Don’t change who you are to please others- it’s not worth becoming a completely different person simply to make other people happy because by doing so, you may be making yourself unhappy.