FOM: June 25 - July 31, 1999

Re: FOM: Readings of "Brouwer's Philosophy", Please

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Steve Stevenson wrote:

> I am looking for a concise statement of "Brouwer's
> Philosophy". Goldblatt has a nice short version in his book *Topoi* which
> talks about Brouwer's ideas of "mental constructions", etc. I would
> like to read a more indepth (possibly philosophical) exposition.

It's far from concise, but perhaps the best reference on Brouwer
(as opposed to other forms of intuitionism) is W. van Stigt's book,
"Brouwers's Intuitionism", published by North Holland (Elsevier) in 1990.

Well worth a look.

Cheers,

- A.

G. Aldo Antonelli
Logic & Philosophy of Science
University of California, Irvine
aldo@uci.edu
http://kleene.ss.uci.edu
949 824 6523 (voice), 949 824 8388 (fax)