Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

| 1 Comment | 0 TrackBacks

 

Do you know who Michael Dell is? He didn't invent computers but he invested in the idea of selling computers directly from a manufacture to businesses. In 2001 Dell Inc was formed and Mike Dells vision came to a reality. 

Are you familiar with Robert Kiyosaki? He understood the boom in the housing market and shared common business principles that led to the sale of over 26 million copies of his real-estate tutorial.

How about Albert Einstein? In 1923 he received the Nobel Prize for his theories explaining the photoelectric effect however to this day no one has put equal effort into renewable energy. It currently represents less than 8% of our countries energy source. 

Dale Carnegie said, "Success is only 15% professional knowledge; the remaining 85% is the ability to express ideas, to assume leadership, and to arouse enthusiasm among people."

Are you up for the challenge to finish what Einstein started? Do you have the leadership and charisma it takes to be known amongst these distinguished men?

elev.jpg

 

Works Cited

"Dale Carnegie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Carnegie>.

"Michael Dell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Dell>.

"Robert Kiyosaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kiyosaki>.

"Solar Cell." Wikipedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cell>.

"elevator image - Google Search." Google. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2011.  

 

No TrackBacks

TrackBack URL: https://blogs.psu.edu/mt4/mt-tb.cgi/248229

1 Comment

I love the title to this post. Speaks volumes about the lesson we are focused on - global perspective. I am not sure I agree with your approach, for perhaps practical or personal reasons. For an elevator speech it is unique and perhaps you are the type of person that could pull this off - but I don't think I could.

Now as far as your message goes - right on! Dale Carnegie had it right and I think you would find that Wendi Goldsmith, the CEO of BioEngineering is a person right out of this mold!

Two questions:

So, if I hear you correctly here, taking action and moving ideas forward has little to do with the science and much, much more about the communication involved? Is that right?

"Do you have the leadership and charisma it takes to be known amongst these distinguished men?" Which men, the men that you highlighted in your post or the ones underneath in the photo? ;-)

Leave a comment

Subscribe to receive notifications of follow up comments via email.
We are processing your request. If you don't see any confirmation within 30 seconds, please reload your page.

Search This Blog

Full Text  Tag

Recent Entries

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
Reducing commercial and industrial demand side energy consumption is a direction that makes sense to me. From my experience, the…
Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale
Do you know who Michael Dell is? He didn't invent computers but he invested in the idea of selling…
Taxation Gains Representation
Problem: Due to various issues of tribal sovereignty, Native American tribes struggle for Federal funding to aid power generation efforts.…

Learning Outcomes