"Discuss It" v1.0 local network version (not internet)
by Roy Clariana (RClariana@psu.edu)
This program has several uses...
- it allows numerous students to have a synchronous
- it can be used asynchronously as part of a lesson (students
may read and add to comments from previous students on the topic at hand)
- it can be used to collect questions from an audience which
can then be displayed to the group
- it maintains a text file of all comments for later review
To use it...
Download the software to your local network folder
- Have the students launch the program from that network
location (a text file will be written into that same network folder, so
students will need privilege to that folder).
- Give the students a group name to use (keep the group name
short and simple)
- Observe and comment, etc.
Let me know if you use it, and how you use it. Also, don't
hesitate to send suggestions for improvements of future versions.