This is the course website for Business Administration 321, Section 002. BA 321 is Contemporary Skills for Business Professionals and explores the technological and interpersonal skills for the contemporary business professional, stressing collaborative learning, electronic inquiry and communications, critical thinking, and problem solving.
As the initial course in the sequence, BA 321 emphasizes the following:
- An introduction to student-centered learning, especially the opportunities for active and collaborative learning presented by technology.
- An introduction to inquiry-based processes for learning, especially those expected in subsequent course work and during professional practice.
- Development of basic communications skills, including oral, written, and multimedia, to assure individual effectiveness.
- Participation on teams to complete projects where the emphasis is on seeking, understanding, and respecting the views of others.
- Reinforcement of the hardware and software skills necessary for transferring knowledge of business topics in academic and professional settings.