Selected past invited talks, with some slides
Postponed or cancelled due to coronavirus
- ASL Annual Meeting, Special Session on Reverse mathematics and computability of Ramsey-theoretic principles, Irvine. March 2020.
- Dagstuhl Workshop: Descriptive Set Theory and Computable Topology. April 2020.
- AIMS Conference Series on Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations, Special Session
on Fractal Geometry, Dynamical Systems, and Their Applications. Atlanta. June 2020.
- Isaac Newton Institute Workshop: Computability, Complexity and Randomness (CCR). Cambridge, UK. July 2020.
- Plenary Talk at the Logic Colloquium, European Summer Meeting of the ASL. Poznan, Poland. July 2020.
Selected Past Invited Talks
- Annual Meeting of the German Mathematical Society, Minisymposium on the impact of randomness on computation. Online meeting. September 2020.
- Online Logic Seminar. July 16, 2020.
- ASL Invited Address at the ASL Winter Meeting, JMM. Denver. January 2020.
- Joint Math Meetings, Special Session on Logic Facing Outward. Denver. January 2020.
- Canadian Mathematical Society Winter Meeting, Special Session on Computability, Toronto. December 2019.
- AMS Southeastern Sectional Meeting, Special Session on Fractal Geometry and Dynamical Systems, Gainesville. November 2019.
- CMO-BIRS Workshop, Reverse Mathematics of Combinatorial Principles, Oaxaca, Mexico. September 2019.
- AMS Fall Central Sectional Meeting, Special Session in Honor of Steffen Lempp's 60th Birthday, Madison. September 2019.
- Plenary talk at Computability in Europe 2019, Durham University, Durham, UK. July 2019.
- Recursion Theory, Set Theory and Interactions, IMS Workshop, Singapore. May-June 2019.
- Equidistribution: Arithmetic, Computational and Probabilistic Aspects, IMS Workshop, Singapore. May 2019.
- Joint Math Meetings, Special Session on Definability and Decidability Problems in Number Theory. Baltimore. January 2019.
- Joint Math Meetings, Special Session on Algorithmic Dimensions and Fractal Geometry. Baltimore. January 2019.
- Logic Colloquium 2018, Special Session on Computability Theory, University of Udine, Italy. July 2018.
- Plenary talk at Workshop on Computability Theory and its Applications, University of Waterloo, Canada. June 2018.
- ASL North American Meeting, Special Session on Computability, University of Western Illinois, Macomb, Illinois. May 2018.
- SouthEAstern Logic Symposium (SEALS), University of Florida-Gainesville. March 2018.
- Oberwolfach Seminar: Computability Theory. January 2018.
- Aspects of Computation, Session on Algorithmic Randomness, IMS Workshop, Singapore. August 2017. (Slides: Increasing dimension s to dimension t with few changes)
- Plenary talk at Computability and Complexity in Analysis, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea. July 2017. (Slides: Turing, tt- and m-reducibilities for functions in the Baire hierarchy)
- Asian Logic Conference, Special Session on Computability, NIMS,
Daejeon, Korea. July 2017.
- AMS Eastern Sectional Meeting, Special Session on Computability
Theory: Pushing the Boundaries, Hunter College, New York City. May
- ASL Invited Address at the ASL Winter Meeting, JMM, Atlanta.
January 2017.(Slides: Computation and information in sofic shifts)
- AMS Central Sectional Meeting, Special Session on Effective Mathematics in Discrete and Continuous Worlds, University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis. October 29-30, 2016.
- Midwestern Computability Seminar in honor of Carl Jockusch's 75th
Birthday, University of Chicago, October 2016. (Slides: Dimension 1 sequences are close to randoms)
- Conference on Computability, Complexity, and Randomness,
University of Hawaii at Manoa. January 2016. (Slides: Seas of squares with sizes from a Pi^0_1
- ASL North American Annual Meeting, Special Session on
Computability, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. March
2015. (Slides: Comparing subshifts in Z and Z^2)
- SouthEAstern Logic Symposium (SEALS), University of Florida,
Gainesville. February 2015. (Slides: The Dual Ramsey theorem and the
property of Baire)
- Canadian Mathematical Society Winter Meeting, Hamilton, Ontario. December 2014.
- Workshop on
Computability Theory, Prague. July 2014. (Slides: Entropy and other subshift invariants)
- AMS Central Sectional Meeting, Special Session on Computability
Across Mathematics, Washington University, St. Louis. October 2013. (Slides: A lightface analysis of the