Frackville Postcards

from the Lorraine Stanton collection

Lehigh Avenue
Bird's Eye View of Frackville, Pa.

Lehigh Avenue looking North
Bird's Eye View of Frackville, Pa.

Lehigh Avenue
Lehigh Avenue

The building on the left was the W.S. Sanner Bldg. at 2 North Lehigh Avenue. The building on the right was the Bohard Bldg.

Lehigh Avenue looking North
Lehigh Avenue looking North

The first trolley came to Frackville about 1915. In 1925, because of loss of revenue, the company went out of business.

Lehigh Avenue looking South.
Lehigh Avenue looking South

The girl at right is Ethel Schaeffer.

Lehigh Avenue looking South from Spring Street
Lehigh Avenue looking South from Spring Street

Famous Mahanoy Plane Hoisting Engines at Frackville:  The Largest in the Anthracite Coal Region.
Centre Street looking North

Nice Street
Nice Street

Lehigh Avenue
Famous Mahanoy Plane Hoisting Engines at Frackville: The Largest in the Anthracite Coal Region

Presented by Walter and Katie Timmins.

Bird's Eye View of Frackville, Pa.
The Famous Mahanoy Plane

Presented by Walter and Katie Timmins.

Lehigh Avenue
P. and R. Depot

Lehigh Avenue looking North Water Works

Lehigh Avenue Factory of William E. Belles

Lehigh Avenue looking North
Franklin Public School

Lehigh Avenue
Garden Theatre

Lehigh Avenue looking North Post Office, Frackville Pa.

Lehigh Avenue
Blue Mountain and Reading Railroad

Temple Station - formerly Frackville, PA's Reading Railroad Station which was built in 1885. The Blue Mountain and Reading Railroad purchased this station in 1985 and completely disassembled and reassembled it on its current location in Hamburg, Pa. (Photo by Anthony L. Iezzi Photography Service)

Lehigh Avenue looking North The G.A. Haupt, Jr. Building

25 West Frack Street. Mr. Geo. A. Haupt was the owner of the G.A. Haupt Lumber Co. which was organized on March 1, 1924.

Lehigh Avenue
St. Peter's Reformed Church, Frackville, Pa.

Rev. T. J. Bower was the first pastor of this church located at 21 South Nice Street.

Lehigh Avenue looking North
Trinity E. V. Church, Frackville, Pa.

This photo taken in 1914 for Frackville Old Home Week (Sept. 14-19), the church built in 1901 is located at 56 North Balliet Street, and Rev. G. H. Laury was its first pastor.

Lehigh Avenue
St. Ann's R. C. Church, Frackville, Pa.

Dedication of New Main Altar, July 14, 1940. Rev. S. J. Gartska was the first pastor of this church located at Spring and Line Streets and dedicated on May 31, 1926.

Lehigh Avenue looking North St. Joseph's R. C. Church, Frackville, Pa.

Erected in 1909, the church is located at the corner of Center and Frack Streets.

Lehigh Avenue
Harry Lehrman

Harry Lehrman in front of his store at 22 South Lehigh Avenue

Lehigh Avenue looking North Lehigh Avenue, 1976, Frackville, Pa.

Looking south on Lehigh Avenue in 1976. (l-r) Clem's Pool Room, Stief Shoe Store, Liquor Store, Blanch Card Shop, Benders Cigar Store, Molly's Lunch, Towne Loan.

Lehigh Avenue
Aerial View of Frackville, Pa.

An aerial view of Frackville, Pa., with the Schuylkill Mall in the foreground. The cloverleaf exit of I-81 at Rt. 61 occupies the center of this autumn scene. The town of Shenandoah can be seen in the background. (Photo by Ralph E. Menne)

Lehigh Avenue looking North
Harvey Haupt Family at Frackville, Pa.

Pictured are Jack, Beulah, Walter, Carrie, Evelyn, and Harvey Haupt. In the 1900 census Mr. Haupt was listed as having a livery stable on Washington Street.

Lehigh Avenue
Schuylkill County Courthouse, Pottsville, Pa.

Schuylkill County Court House, Circa 1895. Fra Shander, 1987, Pen and Ink Drawing, 15" x 11". (Courtesy Williamson, Friedberg and Jones)

Lehigh Avenue looking North View of the Schuylkill County Almshouse Property 1876

View of the Schuylkill County Almshouse Property, PA 1876. Oil on Canvas, 31" x 43", by Charles C. Hoffmann, 1821-1882. (Courtesy Board of Commissioners, Schuylkill County)

Lehigh Avenue looking North
Reading Railroad coal cars loaded with anthracite coal. The Goodwill Hose House is on the right in the picture

Content Copyright © 2015 Lorraine Stanton and Deborah Stanton Janov.
Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Conditions of Use.