Associate Professor of Mathematics and Meteorology
The Pennsylvania State University
214 McAllister Building
University Park, PA 16802
Email: jharlim at psu dot edu
Applied mathematics related to data-driven estimation and
prediction problems: filtering multiscale dynamical
systems, stochastic parameterization, uncertainty
quantification, diffusion maps, non-parametric modeling.
Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computation,
University of Maryland at College Park, USA, 2006.
1. MURI 2016 Workshop at Courant Institute, Jan
2. Applied Mathematics Seminar, UC Berkeley/Lawrence
Berkeley Laboratory, Feb 10, 2016.
3. Special Seminar, Dept. of Math, UC Davis, Feb 12, 2016.
4. ADAPT Center Special Symposium on Big Data Research,
PSU, May 22-23, 2016
5. Mathematical and Algorithmic Aspects of Data
Assimilation in the Geosciences, Oberwolfach, Germany, Oct
6. Special Session on "Modeling and Predicting the
Atmosphere, Oceans, and Climate" at the AMS Fall Central
Sectional Meeting in Minneapolis, Oct 28-30, 2016.
7. Special Session on "Recent advances in stochastic
processes and stochastic computation" at theAMS Fall
Southeastern Sectional Meeting of the AMS, NCSU, Nov