i. Lasky JR. 2018.
Eco-evolutionary community turnover following environmental change.
ii. DeLeo VL, Menge DNL, Hanks EM, Juenger TE, Lasky JR. 2018.
Effects of two centuries of global environmental variation on phenology and physiology of Arabidopsis thaliana.
41. Fortunel C, Lasky JR, Uriarte M, Valencia R, Wright SJ, Garwood NC, Kraft NJB. 2018.
Topography and neighborhood crowding can interact to shape species growth and distribution in a diverse Amazonian forest.
40. Price N, Moyers BT, Lopez L, Lasky JR, Monroe JG, Mullen JL, Oakley CG, Lin J, Ågren J, Schrider DR, Kern AD, McKay JK. 2018.
Combining population genomics and fitness QTL to identify the genetics of local adaptation in Arabidopsis thaliana.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 115:5028-5033.
39. Forester BR, Lasky JR, Wagner HH, Urban DL. 2018.
Using genotype-environment associations to identify multilocus local adaptation.
Molecular Ecology 27:2215-2233.
37. Rudman S, Barbour M, Csilléry K, Gienapp P, Guillaume F, Hairston N, Hendry A, Lasky JR, Rafajlović M, Rasanen K, Schmidt P, Seehausen O, Therkildsen N, Turcotte M, Levine J. 2018.
What genomic data can reveal about eco-evolutionary dynamics.
Nature Ecology & Evolution 2:9–15.
36. Kalladan R, Lasky JR, Chang TZ, Sharma S, Juenger TE, Verslues PE. 2017.
Natural variation identifies genes affecting drought-induced Abscisic Acid accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 114:11536-11541.
35. Gienapp P, Fior S, Guillaume F, Lasky JR, Sork VL, Csilléry K. 2017.
Genomic quantitative genetics to study evolution in the wild.
Trends in Ecology and Evolution 32:897-908.
34. Des Marais DL, Guerrero R, Lasky JR, Scarpino SV. 2017.
Topological features of gene regulatory networks predict patterns of natural diversity in environmental response.
Proceedings of the Royal Society B 284:20170914.
33. Bay RA, Rose NH, Barrett R, Bernatchez L, Ghalambor C, Lasky JR, Brem R, Palumbi SR, Ralph P. 2017.
Predicting responses to contemporary environmental change using evolutionary response architectures.
The American Naturalist 189:463-473.
32. The PREDICTS Project [515 authors]. 2017.
The database of the PREDICTS (Projecting Responses of Ecological Diversity In Changing Terrestrial Systems) project.
Ecology and Evolution 7:145-188.
31. Des Marais DL, Lasky JR, Verslues PE, Chang TZ, Juenger TE. 2017.
Interactive effects of water limitation and elevated temperature on the physiology, development, and fitness of diverse accessions of Brachypodium distachyon.
New Phytologist 214:132-144.
29. Lasky JR, Uriarte M, Muscarella RA. 2016.
Synchrony, compensatory dynamics, and the functional trait basis of phenological diversity in a tropical dry forest tree community: Effects of rainfall seasonality.
Environmental Research Letters 11:115003. pdf
*IOP covered our paper on their news site Environmental Research Web
28. Nelson EJ, Helmus MR, Cavender-Bares J, Polasky S, Lasky JR, Zanne AE, Pearse WD, Kraft NJB, Miteva DA, Fagan WF. 2016.
Commercial plant production and consumption still follow the latitudinal gradient in species diversity despite economic globalization.
PLoS ONE 11:e0163002.
27. Fransz P, Linc G, Lee CR, Aflitos SA, Lasky JR, Toomajian C, Hoda A, Peters J, van Dam P, Ji X, Kuzak M, Gerats T, Schubert I, Schneeberger K, Colot V, Martienssen R, Koornneef M, Nordborg M, Juenger TE, de Jong H, Schranz E. 2016.
Molecular, genetic and evolutionary analysis of a paracentric inversion in Arabidopsis thaliana.
The Plant Journal 88:159-178.
26. Monroe JG, McGovern C, Lasky JR, Grogan K, Beck J, McKay JK. 2016.
Adaptation to warmer climates by parallel functional evolution of CBF genes in Arabidopsis thaliana.
Molecular Ecology 25:3632–3644.
25. Uriarte M, Lasky JR, Boukili VK, Chazdon RL. 2016.
A trait-mediated, neighborhood approach to quantify climate impacts on successional dynamics of tropical rainforests.
Functional Ecology 30:157-167.
24. Keller TH, Lasky JR, Yi SV. 2016.
The multivariate association between genome-wide DNA methylation and climate across the range of Arabidopsis thaliana.
Molecular Ecology 25:1823-1837.
23. Forester BR, Jones MR, Joost S, Landguth EL, Lasky JR. 2016.
Detecting spatial genetic signatures of local adaptation in heterogeneous landscapes.
Molecular Ecology 25:104-120.
22. Letcher SG, Lasky JR, Chazdon RL, Norden N,
Wright SJ, Meave JA, Perez-Garcia EA, Muñoz R,
Romero-Perez E, Andrade A, Andrade-Torres JL,
Balvanera P, Becknell JM, Bentos TV, Bhaskar R,
Bongers F, Boukili VK, Brancalion PHS, Cesar RG,
Clark DA, Clark DB, Craven D, DeFrancesco A, Dupuy
JM, Finegan B, Gonzalez-Jimenez E, Hall JS, Harms
KE, Hernandez-Stefanoni JL, Hietz P, Kennard D,
Killeen TJ, Laurance SG, Lebrija-Trejos EE, Lohbeck
M, Martinez-Ramos M, Masoca PES, Mesquita RCG, Mora
F, Muscarella RA, Paz H, Pineda-Garcia F, Powers JS,
Quesada-Monge R, Rodrigues RR, Sandor ME,
Sanaphre-Villanueva L, Schüller E, Swenson NG, Tauro
A, Uriarte M, van Breugel M, Vargas-Ramirez O, Viani
RAG, Wendt A, Williamson GB. 2015.
Environmental gradients and the evolution of successional habitat specialization: a test case with 14 Neotropical forest sites.
Journal of Ecology 103:1276-1290.
21. Lasky JR, Upadhyaya HD, Ramu P, Deshpande S, Hash CT, Bonnette J, Juenger TE, Hyma K, Acharya C, Mitchell SE, Buckler ES, Brenton Z, Kresovich S, Morris GP. 2015.
Genome-environment associations in sorghum landraces predict adaptive traits.
Science Advances 1:e1400218. pdf
*Data for ~2k accessions, >400k SNPs (environmental & other data in supplement)
+Our article discussed on State of the Planet.
20. Lasky JR, Bachelot B, Muscarella R, Schwartz N, Forero-Montaña J, Nytch CJ, Swenson NG, Thompson J, Zimmerman JK, Uriarte M. 2015.
Ontogenetic shifts in trait-mediated mechanisms of plant community assembly.
Ecology 96:2157–2169. pdf
19. Naeem S, Ingram JC, Varga A, Agardy T, Barten P, Bennett G, Bloomgarden E, Bremer LL, Burkill P, Cattau M, Ching C, Colby M, Cook DC, Costanza R, DeClerck F, Freund C, Gartner T, Goldman-Benner R, Gunderson J, Jarrett D, Kinzig AP, Kiss A, Koontz A, Kumar P, Lasky JR, Masozera M, Meyers D, Milano F, Naughton-Treves L, Nichols E, Olander L, Olmsted P, Perge E, Perrings C, Polasky S, Potent J, Prager C, Quétier F, Redford K, Saterson K, Thoumi G, Vargas MT, Vickerman S, Weisser W, Wilkie D, Wunder S. 2015.
Get the science right when paying for nature’s services.
18. Lasky JR, Uriarte M, Boukili VK, Erickson DL, Kress WJ, Chazdon RL. 2014.
The relationship between tree biodiversity and biomass dynamics changes with tropical forest succession.
Ecology Letters 17:1158-1167. pdf
*There is a minor corrigendum to this paper. pdf
+Our article was recommended on Faculty of 1000 by Ferdinando Boero and Valeriano Parravicini.
17. Lasky JR, Des Marais DL, Lowry DB, Povolotskaya I, McKay JK, Richards JH, Keitt TH, Juenger TE. 2014.
Natural variation in abiotic stress responsive gene expression and local adaptation to climate in Arabidopsis thaliana.
Molecular Biology and Evolution 31:2283-2296. pdf
*Reporting on our article at Texas Advanced Computing Center
16. Whitfeld TJS, Lasky JR, Damas K, Sosanika G, Molem K, Montgomery RA. 2014.
Species richness, forest structure, and functional diversity during succession in the New Guinea lowlands.
15. Lasky JR, Uriarte M, Boukili VK, Chazdon RL. 2014.
Trait-mediated assembly processes predict successional changes in community diversity of tropical forests.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 111:5616-5621. pdf
*Our article was recommended on Faculty of 1000 by Janneke Hille Ris Lambers.
13. Verslues PE*, Lasky JR*, Juenger TE, Liu TW, Kumar MN. 2014.
Genome wide association mapping combined with reverse genetics identifies new effectors of low water potential-induced proline accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana.
Plant Physiology 164:144-159.
11. Lovell JT, Juenger TE, Michaels SD, Lasky JR, Platt A, Richards JH, Yu X, Easlon HM, Sen S, McKay JK. 2013.
Pleiotropy of FRIGIDA enhances the potential for multivariate adaptation.
Proceedings of the Royal Society B 280:20131043.
*Our article was recommended on Faculty of 1000 by Alistair McGregor.
10. Lasky JR, Sun IF, Su SH, Chen ZS, Keitt TH. 2013.
Trait-mediated effects of environmental filtering on tree community dynamics.
Journal of Ecology 101:722-733. pdf
*I discussed our article on the Journal of Ecology Blog
9. Lasky JR, Des Marais DL, McKay JK, Richards JH, Juenger TE, Keitt TH. 2012.
Characterizing genomic variation of Arabidopsis thaliana: the roles of geography and climate.
Molecular Ecology 22:5512-5529. pdf
*Data and RDA GWAS results
+Our article was the subject of a perspective piece by Stephen Tonsor and was recommended on Faculty of 1000 by Jonathan Losos & Ian Wang
7. Kesari R, Lasky JR, Grace Villamor J, Des Marais DL, Chen Y-JC, Liu T-W, Lin W, Juenger TE, Verslues PE. 2012.
Intron-mediated alternative splicing of Arabidopsis P5CS1 and its association with natural variation in proline and climate adaptation.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 109:9197-9202.
6. Lowry DB, Sheng CC, Lasky JR, Willis JH. 2012.
Five anthocyanin polymorphisms are associated with a R2R3-MYB cluster in Mimulus guttatus (Phrymaceae).
American Journal of Botany 99:82-91.
5. Lasky JR, Jetz W, Keitt TH. 2011.
Biogeography of the U.S.-Mexico border: a transcontinental risk assessment of barriers to animal dispersal.
Diversity and Distributions 17:673-687. pdf
+Media coverage by Arizona Center for Investigative Reporting, Washington Post 1, Washington Post 2, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Texas Tribune, Vice News, KJZZ Phoenix Public Radio, Seeker, Fusion, SciDev.net, Inverse, E&E News, Congressional Quarterly, Ecoaméricas, Slate, Newsweek, Nature News, The Wildlife Professional, Live Science, KTBC-TV, Texas Public Radio, & The Daily Texan
3. Pinto N, Lasky JR, Bueno R, Galetti M, Keitt TH. 2008.
Primate densities in the Brazilian Atlantic forest: the role of habitat quality and anthropogenic disturbance.
In South American Primates: Comparative Perspectives in the Study of Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation. Garber PA, Estrada A, Bicca-Marques JC, Heymann EW, Strier KB (Editors). Springer. book chapter
2. Bonaccorso FJ, Winkelmann JR, Shin D, Agrawal CI, Aslami N, Bonney C, Hsu A, Jekielek PE, Knox AK, Kopack SJ, Jennings TD, Lasky JR, Menesale SA, Richards JH, Rutland JA, Sessa AK, Zhaurova L, and Kunz TH. 2007.
Evidence for exploitative competition: comparing foraging behavior and roosting ecology of short-tailed fruit bats (Phyllostomidae: Carollia).
1. Tieleman BI, Dijkstra TH, Lasky JR, Mauck RA, Visser GH, Williams JB. 2006.
Physiological and behavioral correlates of life-history variation: a comparison between tropical and temperate zone house wrens.
Functional Ecology 20:491-499.