Selected comments on EasyReg International
Below are a few other comments on EasyReg which I received by e-mail in the period 2000-2010.
- I can't find the words to thank you for such an important Econometric tool,
making it a freeware is nothing but a very generous act from a true scientist.
I've been using the program for my MBA thesis at the American University of Beirut and it looks fabulous so far.
- I am writing to you from Croatia (a small county in Europe). First of
all, I must tell that your program EasyReg is fantastic!
I am a student, and I study economics, and in my research I use EasyReg.
- I am a Ph.D. candidate from Pakistan. I know perhaps I am wasting your precious time but I just want to tell you that you did a great job for students of our area. It's a nice package.
I have not the words to thank you. God bless you.
- I am an Asian student and I'm very interested in financial econometrics. I found your EasyReg International online and it's amazing!
Most econometrical or statistical softwares are too expensive, especially for students. But your EasyReg International is free for non-commercial use and can do very similar work as other commercial softwares! I really appreciate your great work and your generosity!!!
- I have to confess in the beginning I was skeptical about EasyReg, I thought it wouldn’t be good something that is provided free of cost. Well I was immensely wrong. The software is very good and powerful as well. I wish to congratulate you for this wonderful job.
I am a Brazilian economist and really interested in econometrics. I have used some softwares available in the market and widely know among us, just to cite a few, “Eviews”, “PCgive”, but what I used most was a software called “EPS” during my graduation and I can tell you comparing your software with those ones “EasyReg” doesn’t stay behind them.
The only (initial) negative comment I got is from an obnoxious Canadian statistics professor. Here is the e-mail exchange, with my response in italic.
- All I wanted was to get some new economic time series data to illustrate some concepts in my class. Unfortunately after downloading EasyReg I found it doesn't come with a database and just gives a warning message "No data". It is worse than useless for my purpose then.
- You are supposed to consult the Help option and the guided tours on how to import data before complaining.
- Thanks, I see, its working now.
Back to the EasyReg page