MATH 403 - Fall 2013
Where and When
- Section I: MWF 1:25 PM - 2:15 PM, 014 Henderson Bldg
- Section II: MWF 12:20 PM - 1:10 PM 116 Osmond Lab
- Office hours: Thursday 3:30 - 4:30 PM in 202 McAllister
- Kris Jenssen
- Grader: Louis Oberto (mailbox in 1st floor mailroom in McAllister).
NOTE: Homework assignments are due by 4:00 PM on Fridays.
If you have a question about the grading you can conatct the grader at
(Note that this is strictly for grading issues - he does not provide
answers to other questions!)
Mathematical Analysis - An Introduction, Springer 1996.
Academic Integrity, Grading, Policies
- For general statements read the
Penn State Policies, in particular parts 44, 47, 48, and 49.
- For grading in this section the following applies:
- There will be one midterm exam, counting 100 points.
- There will be a final exam counting 100 points. The final exam
includes only material covered since the midterm exam.
- There will be weekly homework assignments (except exam weeks). Due before 5:00 PM Fridays.
- The lowest four homework scores will be dropped and the remaining
total score counts 100 points.
- Out of the total 300 points a 90% score corresponds to an A-, and a 60% score
corresponds to a D+.
- There will be no curving of grades.
- The score for a non-submitted assignment is zero. Late
assignments are not accepted (under any circumstance).
- There will be no makeup exams unless an acceptable and verifiable excuse
- Any makeup exam will take place within one week of the original exam.
Exam Times and Locations
- Midterm exam: Wednesday October 23, in class. Solution
- Final exam: Wednesday December 18, in Room 060 Willard, 4:40 -