Dr. Qiu, tenured full Professor of Information Science, teaches a variety of courses including Predictive Analytics, Management Science, Business Process Management, Decision Support Systems, Project Management, Enterprise Integration, Enterprise Service Computing, Software Engineering, Web-based Systems, Distributed Systems, Computer Architecture/SOA, Computer Security, Web Security, Operations Research, and System Engineering. He holds a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and a Ph.D. (minor) in Computer Science both from The Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Qiu’s research interests include Big Data, Data/Business Analytics, Smart Service Systems, Service Science, Service Operations and Management, Information Systems, and Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management.
Dr. Qiu is the past Editor-in-Chief of INFORMS Service Science, and Advisory Editor for International Journal of Services Operations and Informatics, and an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on System, Man and Cybernetics and IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. He also serves on Editorial Boards of many other international journals.
US NSF Workshop:
Recent Keynotes and Honorary Seminars:
· “Big Data and Service Science: Transforming the World”, Keynote, The 2013 International Conference on Business Analytics and Management Science, Beijing, China, Nov. 24, 2013
· “Service Science: Transforming Software Development”, Keynote, The 4th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Sciences, Beijing, China, May 26, 2013
· “Computational Thinking of Education Service Systems: Dynamics and Adaptiveness Modeling”, Keynote, 2011 International Conference on Information Engineering, Aug. 13-14, 2011, Xi’an, China.
· “What is new in Service Science/ Theoretical Foundations of Service Science/ Service Science Definition,” Plenary Talk (Panel Session), 2010 International Conference on Service Science, May 13, 2010, Hangzhou, China
· Service Science, Smart Service Systems, and Service Engineering and Management
· Big Data and Data Analytics
· Mobility and Financial Engineering
· Mobile Computing, Physical & Social Sensing Networks, and Cloud Computing
· Data Mining, Enterprise Integration and Innovation, and Supply Chain Management
Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA, 1996
Student, City College of City University, NY, USA, 1992-1993
Student, Columbia University, NY, USA, 1991-1992
M. S., Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China
B. S., Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China
Publications (Google Scholar)
About 160 articles submitted, presented, or published in journals and conferences.
Years of creative, success-driven experience in the fields of computer-integrated information systems, control of manufacturing systems, and enterprise integration.
Division of Engineering and Information Science, Penn State
Page maintained by: email@example.com