Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
310 Leonhard Building
University Park, PA 16802
Office Hours: Tues: 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
11:00AM - 12:30 PM
Ph.D. Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, 1987
M.S. Industrial Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo, 1983
B.S. Production Engineering, University of Bombay, India, 1981.
IE 470: Design and Analysis of Manufacturing Systems
IE 480W: Industrial Projects
Courses Taught in the Past:
IE 300 -
Introduction to Computing and IE
IE 563 - CAD for Manufacturing
IE 328 - Production
- Computer Control of Manufacturing Systems
IE 450 - Manufacturing
IE 497 - Rapid Prototyping
IE 463 - CAD/CAM
Recent Research Interests & Projects
- Nano Manufacturing
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
- Geometric Problems in Design & Manufacturing
- Control of Manufacturing Systems
- Rapid Prototyping and Tooling
Current Funded Research Projects
“SGER: Step-Place-Grow Assembly - An Approach to Economical, Environmentally Benign Manufacturing of Ordered Nano Structures,” National Science Foundation, (co-PI with Stephen Fonash and Wook Jun Nam), July 1, 2006 – June 30, 2007.
“STTR Phase I: A Lithographic Gelcasting Process using Nanoparticulates: An Enabling Technology for Mass Production of Microdevices with Nanoscale Features”, National Science Foundation, (co-Investigator with E. Mockensturm, J. Adair, C. Mulhstien, H. Nembhard, and Advanced Power Products), Jan1, 2007 – Dec 31, 2007.
Honors and Awards
- IIE Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2006.
- Boeing A.D. Welliver, Summer Faculty Fellowship, 2003.
- PSES Outstanding Advising Award, College of Engineering , Penn State University , 2002.
- General Electric Learning Excellence Award, in recognition of innovative work in integrating product development and entrepreneurship into the undergraduate IME curriculum, 2002.
- Outstanding Young Industrial Engineer, Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), 1993.
- PSES Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering, Penn State University, 1993.
- Presidential Young Investigator (PYI), National Science Foundation, 1991-1996.
- Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), 1991
- Certified in Production and Inventory Control (CPIM) by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), 1983.
- And, my favorite award - MASNA Award for "Outstanding Contribution to the Marine Aquarium Hobby" , Marine Aquarium Societies of North America, 2006.
- Associate Editor, IIE Transactions, Nov. 1991 - 2003.
- Associate Editor, Engineering Design and Automation, July 1994 - present.
- Member Editorial Board, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Aug. 1993 - present.
- Member Editorial Board, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Sept. 1993 - present.
- Member Editorial Board, Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, 1999 - present.
- Member of Editorial Board, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing (IJCIM), 1999-present.
- Editor, Feature Modeling and Concurrency Issues, Journal of Design and Manufacturing, Aug. 1994 - 1999.
- Department Editor, Manufacturing Process Planning, IIE Transactions on Design and Manufacturing, Feb. 1995-2002.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers, (SME)
Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
When I am not working (or sometimes when I should be working),
I can often be found tinkering with my three
aquariums- 180G coral reef aquarium, a 55G reef,
and a 29G planted fresh water aquarium.
Last modified: Friday, 04-May-2007 09:58:28 EDT
This page has been accessed [an error occurred while processing this directive] times since March