ChE 432/FSc 432
Welcome to my Petroleum Processing Course Web
Site. The following is a course portfolio produced by
myself as part of the requirements for this course. It is
intended to contain the highlights of the lecture material and
supplements from supporting references provided in class or
located through my own efforts outside of class.
Course Web Site http://www.ems.psu.edu/~eser/CHE432/
The following course objectives were listed for the course:
1. Review crude oil composition and classifications,
2. Explain the need for petroleum refining,
3. Provide a basic understanding of how a petroleum refinery works,
4. Introduce and review the physical and chemical processes used in petroleum refining, and
5. Discuss changing crude oil base with its future implications environmental, technical, and economic constraints.
Grading for this class and student
participation can be found on the web site.