. Fuel Data
- The PWR fuel assembly has an assembly pitch of 8.466- inches with
264 fuel rods of diameter 0.374-inches and 25 guide tubes with a
diameter 0 474-inches and a pitch of 0.496-inches.
- The total length of the fuel rods is 13-feet.
- The fuel top and bottom nozzles are each 6-inches high such that
the overall length of the full fuel assembly is 13.5 feet.
- There are 8 spacer grids which are equally spaced along the rod
bundle portion of the assembly with a grid at the top and bottom of
the rodded portion. The top and bottom grids are simple grids
which have a blockage ratio of 23% of the bundle flow area
whereas the six grids in the center region are mixing vane grids
which have a blockage of 45% of the bundle flow area.
- The inlet fuel nozzle has a loss coefficient of 2.5 and the exit
assembly nozzle has a loss coefficient of 2 . Each have a flow area
which is equal to 50% of the open area as characterized by the
Plant Loop and Component Data:
- The core flow area is 52 square feet
- The horizontal flow area in the upper plenum is 100 square feet
- There are 124, 5-inch diameter guide tubes and support columns in
the upper plenum which are uniformly distributed
- The vertical distance from the upper core plate to the upper
plate is 8-feet
- The distance from the upper core plate to the centerline of the
leg nozzles is 4-feet
- The hot leg inside diameter is 29.5-inches and the cold leg
diameter is 27-inches
- The hot leg and cold leg nozzles are either converging or
nozzles with a 1.4 area ratio (hot legs converge, cold legs diverge)
- There are 68, 3-inch diameter vertical columns from the bottom of
the lower plenum to the bottom of the lower core plate which are
- The lower core support plate is located 2-feet below the lower
plate and is 24-inches thick and has a flow area consisting of 80
holes which are 1-foot in diameter and are uniformly distributed.
- The total open area below the lower core support plate is 124.36
square feet excluding the blockage of the vertical support columns.
- The downcomer gap is 11-inches
- The distance from the cold leg nozzle centerline to the vessel
bottom is 28-feet.
- The hot legs and cold leg centerline are the same
- The steam generator has 3388 tubes
each with an ID of 0.775-inches and the
average tube length is 70 feet long.
- The cold leg is 27-inches in diameter
- The hot leg and cross over leg are
29.5-inches in diameter,
- The cold leg is 10 diameters long
and has 1, 45o elbow
- The hot leg is 10 diameters long and
has 1, 45o elbow
- The cross over leg is 20 diameters
long and has 3, 900 elbows.
- There are contraction and expansion
losses at the steam generator inlet and exit,
assume that the steam generator plenum area is 3 times the tube bundle
- All elbows are short radii.
- For 45 degree elbows, L/De = 15 (or
use other data)
- For 90 degree elbows, L/De = 35 (or
use other data)