(Click here to request a paper)
Link to DBLP Bibliography Server
(usually more current than list below)
Akhil Kumar, Business Process Management, Routledge, 2018, 270 pages.
- Jisheng Pei, Lijie Wen, Xiaojun Ye and Akhil Kumar. Efficient Transition Adjacency Relation Computation for Process Model Similarity, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (Forthcoming 2020)
- A. Kumar, R. Liu and Z. Shan. Is Blockchain a Silver Bullet for SupplyChain Management? Technical Challenges and Research Opportunities.Decision Sciences. Volume 51, Issue 1, February 2020, 8-37.
- K. Zhao, K. Scheibe, J. Blackhurst, and A. Kumar: Supply Chain Network Robustness Against Disruptions: Topological Analysis, Measurement, and Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 66(1): 127-139 (2019)
- F. Yang, Bu Zhong, A. Kumar, S-M Chow and A. Ouyang. Exchanging Social Support Online: A Longitudinal Social Network Analysis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patients’ Interactions on a Health Forum. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, 95(4), 1033-1057, 2018. 3.
- David Knuplesch, Manfred Reichert, Akhil Kumar: A framework for visually monitoring business process compliance. Inf. Syst. 64: 381-409 (2017).
- A. Kumar and R.R.Barton. Controlled violation of temporal process constraints – Models, algorithms and results. Inf. Syst. 64: 410-424 (2017).
- Rik Eshuis and Akhil Kumar. Converting Unstructured into Semi-Structured Process Models. Data Knowl. Eng. 101: 43-61(2016).
- Hsin-Jung Cheng and Akhil Kumar. Process Mining on Noisy Logs - Can log sanitization help to improve performance? Decision Support Systems, Volume 79, 138-149 (November 2015).
- Akhil Kumar, Wen Yao, Chao-Hsien Chu, 'Ensuring Flexible Business Process Compliance with Semantic Constraints using Mixed-Integer Programming (MIP), INFORMS Journal on Computing Summer 2013; Vol. 25, No. 3.
- Wen Yao and Akhil Kumar, CONFlexFlow: Integrating Flexible Clinical Pathways into Clinical Decision Support Systems using Context and Rules , Decision Support System 55 (2): 499-515 (2013).
- Z. Shan and Akhil Kumar, Optimal Adapter Creation for Process Composition in Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Communication, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, Volume 3, No. 2, July 2012.
- Kang Zhao and Akhil Kumar, Who Blogs What: Understanding the Publishing Behavior of Bloggers , World Wide Web , DOI 10.1007/s11280-012-0167-3. Published Online 17 May 2012.
- Akhil Kumar and Wen Yao, Design and Management of Flexible Process Variants using Templates and Rules,
Computers in Industry (CII) 63(2):112-130. (2012) (PDF)
- Z. Huang and A. Kumar, A Study of Quality and Accuracy Tradeoffs in Process Mining, INFORMS Journal on Computing,
Vol. 24, No. 2, Spring 2012, 311-327.
- Kang Zhao, A. Kumar, and J. Yen, Achieving High Robustness in Supply Distribution Networks by Rewiring, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management,
Vol. 58, No. 2, May 2011, 347-362. (PDF).
- Kang Zhao, A. Kumar, T.P. Harrison and J. Yen,
Analyzing the Resilience of Complex Supply Network Topologies against Random and Targeted Disruptions
, IEEE systems Journal,
Vol. 5., No. 1, March 2011, 28-39. (PDF).
W.M.P van der Aalst, K. van Hee,
J.M. van der Werf, A. Kumar and M. Verdonk, "Conceptual Model for online Auditing," Decision Support Systems 50 (2011) 636–647. (PDF)
- R. Liu and A. Kumar, "Leveraging Information Sharing to Configure Supply Chains," Information Systems Frontiers, 13 (1): 139-151 (2011), March 2011.
Eshuis and A. Kumar, " An
Integer Programming based Approach for Verification and Diagnosis of
Workflows," Data and Knowledge
Engineering, 69 (2010) 816–835, August 2010. (PDF)
Liu, A. Kumar and W.M.P. van der Aalst , "A formal modeling approach for
supply chain event management," Decision
Support Systems 43, 3 (April 2007) 761-778.
J. Wainer, A. Kumar and P. Barthelmess, DW-RBAC: A Formal
Security Model of Delegation and Revocation in Workflow Systems," Information Systems ,
Volume 32, Issue 3, May 2007, Pages 365-384.
Sun, A. Kumar, J. Yen, "Merging workflows: A new perspective on connecting
business Processes," Decision
Support Systems , Volume 42, Issue 2, November 2006, Pages 844-858 .
A. and J. Wainer, " Meta workflows as a Control
and Coordination Mechanism for Exception Handling in Workflow Systems," Decision Support Systems ,
40 (July 2005) 89-105.(PDF)
- H.M.W. Verbeek, W.M.P. van der Aalst
and A. Kumar, XRL/Woflan, "Verification and
Extensibility of an XML/Petri-net-based language for inter-organizational
workflows," Information Technology and Management, 5 (1-2):
65-110, January - April, 2004. (PDF)
Wainer, P. Barthelmess and
A. Kumar, W-RBAC - A workflow security
model incorporating controlled overriding of constraints, International
Journal on Cooperative Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 4 (2003) 455-485.
W.M.P. van der Aalst and A. Kumar, XML
Based Schema Definition for Support of Inter-organizational Workflow, Information
Systems Research, Vol. 14, No. 1, 23-47, March 2003.
Basu and A. Kumar, Research
Commentary: Workflow Management Systems in e-Business, Information Systems
Research, Vol. 13, No. 1, March 2002, 1-14.
Kumar, A., W.M.P. van der Aalst
and H.M.W. Verbeek, Dynamic Work Distribution in Workflow
Management Systems: How to balance quality and performance, Journal of MIS,
Winter 2001-2002, Vol. 18, No. 3, 157-193.
Kumar, A., and Zhao, L., Workflow
Support for Electronic Commerce Applications, Decision Support Systems 32
(2002) 265-278, January 2002.
W.M.P. van der Aalst and A. Kumar, A Reference Model for Team-Enabled
Workflow Management Systems, Data and Knowledge Engineering 38 (2001)
335-363, September 2001.
An Efficient Algorithm for Solving the Partial Sum Query Problem,
Information Sciences, 137 (2001) 245-258, Vol. 137, No. 1-4, September
Zhao, L., Kumar, A., and Stohr, E.
A., Workflow-centric Information
Distribution through Email, Journal of Management Information Systems,
Winter 2000 2001, Vol. 17, No. 3, 45-72.
An Efficient SuperGrid Protocol for
High Availability and Load Balancing, IEEE Transactions on Computers,
Volume 49, No. 10, October 2000, 1126-1133.
Kumar, A., and Zhao, L., "Dynamic Routing and Operational
Controls in a Workflow Management System," Management Science,
Volume 45, No. 2, February 1999, 253-272.
Kumar, A. and Olmeda, I., "A Study
of Composite classifiers for knowledge discovery," INFORMS
Journal on Computing, Volume 11, No. 3, Summer 1999, 267-277.
Kumar, A., "A New algorithm for Distributed Consensus,"
Distributed and Parallel Databases, 7(4), 415-427 (1999).
Zhao, L., and
Kumar, A., "Data
Management Issues for Large Scale, Distributed Workflow Systems on the
Internet," DATA BASE (invited paper), Vol. 29, No. 4, Fall 1998.
Kumar, A. and N. Adly,
"HPP: A Reliable Causal Broadcast Protocol for Large Scale Replication in
Wide Area Networks," Computer Journal, Volume
41, No. 2, 1998.
- Kumar, A., "New Techniques for data reduction in database systems for knowledge
discovery applications," Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, 10:1,
W. Muhanna and R. Patterson, " Mean-Variance
Analysis of the Performance of Spatial Clustering
Methods," International Journal of Geographical Information
Sciences, Vol. 12, No. 3, 269-289, 1998.
Kumar, A. and Malik, K., "Optimizing the Costs of
Hierarchical Quorum Consensus," Acta Informatica, Vol. 33, No. 3, May 1996, 255-275.
Kumar, A., V. Rao and H. Soni, "An Empirical Comparison of Neural Networks and
Logistic Regression Methods, " Marketing
Letters 6:4 (1995): 251-263.
Kumar, A., "G-Tree: A New Data Structure for
Organizing Multi-dimensional Data," IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and
Data Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 2, April 1994, 341-347.
Kumar, A. and Segev, A., "Cost and
Availability Tradeoffs in Replicated Data Concurrency Control," ACM
Transactions on Database Systems, Vol. 18, No. 1, March 1993, 102-131.
Kumar, A., "Hierarchical Quorum Consensus: A New Algorithm
for Managing Replicated Data," IEEE Transaction on Computers,
September 1991, 996-1004.
Kumar, A. and Cheung, S.Y., "A High Availability Sqrt(N)
Hierarchical Grid Algorithm for Replicated Data," Information
Processing Letters, December 1991, 311-316.
Kumar, A. and Malik, K., "Voting Mechanisms in Distributed Systems,"IEEE Transactions on Reliability,
December 1991, 593-600.
Kumar, A. and Stonebraker, M.,
"Performance Considerations for an Operating System Transaction Manager, "IEEE
Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 6, June 1989, 705-714.
International Conference Proceedings
Chen Qian, Lijie Wen, Akhil Kumar, Leilei Lin, Li Lin, Zan Zong, Shuang Li, Jianmin Wang. An Approach for Process Model Extraction by Multi-grained Text Classification. CAiSE 2020: 268-282
- Akhil Kumar, Siyuan Liu. Analyzing Performance of a Global Help Desk Team Operation - Country Handoffs, Efficiencies and Costs. HICSS 2020: 1-10
- Chen Qian, Lijie Wen, Akhil Kumar. BePT: A Behavior-based Process Translator for Interpreting and Understanding Process Models. CIKM 2019: 1873-1882
- S. Chow, A. Kumar, A. Ouyang, et al. What can Physicians learn from Social Forums: Insights from an on-line Self Help and Support Group? 2017 IEEE 7th International Conference on Computational Advances in Bio and Medical Sciences (ICCABS), Orlando, FL, October 2017.
- Chen Qian, Lijie Wen, Jianmin Wang, Akhil Kumar and Haoran Li. Structural Descriptions of Process Models Based on Goal-Oriented Unfolding. CAiSE 2017: 397-412.
- Akhil Kumar and Veeresh Thummadi. A Sequence Analytics Approach for Detecting Handoff Patterns in Workflows: An Exploratory Case Study on the Volvo IT Incident Management Process. 12th International Conference, DESRIST 2017, Karlsruhe, Germany, May 30 – June 1, 2017 (Research in Progress Paper).
Indradat. Optimizing Process Model Redesign. ICSOC 2016: 39-54
Jisheng Pei, Lijie Wen, Xiaojun Ye, Akhil Kumar, Zijing
Lin. Transition Adjacency Relation Computation Based on
Unfolding: Potentials and Challenges.
OTM Conferences 2016: 61-79
Shuhao Wang, Lijie Wen, Akhil Kumar, Jianmin
Wang, Jianwen Su. ExRORU: A New
Approach to Characterize the Behavioral Semantics of Process Models. OTM
Conferences 2016: 318-326
Akhil Kumar, Sharat R. Sabbella, Russell R. Barton. Managing
controlled violation of temporal process constraints.
BPM 2015: 280-296.
David Knuplesch , Manfred Reichert , Akhil Kumar. Visually Monitoring
Multiple Perspectives of Business. BPM 2015: 263-279.
Rong Liu and Akhil Kumar, Impact of Socio-Technical Network on
Process Performance, 10th IEEE International Conference on Collaborative
Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (CollaborateCom 2014),
Miami, Florida, October 2014.
Akhil Kumar and Kang Zhao, Making Sense of a Healthcare Forum –
Smart keyword and user navigation graphs, Thirty Fourth International
Conference on Information Systems, Milan, December 2013.
- David Knuplesch, Manfred Reichert, Linh Thao Ly, Akhil Kumar , Stefanie Rinderle-Ma, Visual Modeling and Semantics of Business Process Compliance Rules with the Support of Multiple Perspectives, ER 2013, Hong Kong, November 2013 (forthcoming).
- Jerry Rolia, Wen Yao, Sujoy Basu, Wei-Nchih Lee, Sharad Singhal, Akhil Kumar and Sharat Sabbella, Tell Me What I Don't Know - Making the most of Social Health Forums, IEEE International Conference
on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI)
, Philadephia, September 2013 (forthcoming).
- Akhil Kumar, R.M. Dijkman and Minseok Song, Optimal resource assignment in workflows for maximizing cooperation, International BPM Conference, Beijing, F. Daniel, J. Wang, and B. Weber (Eds.): BPM 2013, LNCS 8094, 235–250, 2013.
- Wen Yao , Jerome A. Rolia , Sujoy Basu , Sharad Singhal , Akhil Kumar: A Context-Aware framework for patient Navigation and Engagement (CANE). CollaborateCom 2012 : 316-325.
- Wen Yao , Akhil Kumar, Jerome A. Rolia , Sujoy Basu , Sharad Singhal : Towards a Formal Process-driven Framework for Streamlining Patient-centric Care. CAiSE Forum 2012 : 179-186. Wen Yao and Akhil Kumar, Integrating Clinical Pathways into CDSS using Context and Rules – A Case Study in Heart Disease, 2nd ACM SIGHIT International Health Informatics Symposium (IHI 2012), Miami, FL, January 2012,
- A. Kumar, A.K.Sen, M. H. Sundari and A. Bagchi. Semantic Notions of Weakly Correct AND/XOR Business Workflows based on Partial Synchronization. IEEE Services Computing Conference, IEEE SCC 2011 : 128-135, July 2011, Washington, DC. .
- Zhe Shan, Akhil Kumar and Rong Liu. Creating a Minimal Adapter for Multiple Business Process Composition. Proceedings of the Twentieth Workshop on Information Technology and Systems (WITS 2010), St. Louis, December 11-12, 2010, 272-277. (Best Paper Nominee)
- Kang Zhao, Akhil Kumar, Massimiliano Spaziani and John Yen. Who Blogs What: Understanding Behavior, Impact and Types of Bloggers. Proceedings of the Twentieth Workshop on Information Technology and Systems (WITS 2010), St. Louis, December 11-12, 2010, 176-181.
- A. Kumar, Wen Yao, Chao Chu, and Zang Li.
Ensuring Compliance with Semantic Constraints in Process Adaptation with Rule-Based Event Processing. The International RuleML Symposium on Rule Interchange and Applications, RULEML-2010, Washington, DC, October 2010. Springer, 50-65. (PDF)
Zhe Shan , Akhil Kumar, Paul Grefen : Towards Integrated Service Adaptation. IEEE Interntaional Conference on Web Services, ICWS 2010: 385-392.
Zhao, A. Kumar, and John Yen. " Effect of
topology on the robustness of supply networks – metrics and results," Proceedings of the Nineteenth Workshop on
Information Technology and Systems (WITS 2009), Phoenix, December 14-15,
Yao, Chao Chu, A. Kumar, and Zang Li. "Using Ontology to Support Context Awareness
in Healthcare," Proceedings of the Nineteenth Workshop on
Information Technology and Systems (WITS 2009), Phoenix, December 14-15,
Kumar and W. Yao, "Process Materialization using Templates and Rules to Design
Flexible Process Models," The International RuleML Symposium on Rule
Interchange and Applications,
RULEML-2009, Las Vegas, November 2009, 122-136.
A. Kumar, Z. Shan. Algorithms
Based on Pattern Analysis for Verification and Adapter Creation for Business
Process Composition, CoopIS'08, OTM Conferences, Monterrey, Mexico, November 2008, 120-138.
A. Kumar and R. Liu. A Rule-Based
Framework to Design Compliant Business Processes Using Role Patterns, The International RuleML Symposium on Rule Interchange and Applications, RULEML-2008, Orlando,
Florida: October 30-31, 2008, 58-72.
Huang and A. Kumar. New Quality
Metrics for Evaluating Process Models, Proceedings BPM 2008 International Workshops, Milan, Italy, Sept. 2008, 164-170, Springer LNCS.
R., Kumar, A., and Stenger, A. J. 2006. Simulation
results for supply chain configurations based on information sharing. In Proceedings of the 37th Conference on
Winter Simulation ( Monterey , California
, December 03 - 06, 2006). L. F. Perrone, B. G.
Lawson, J. Liu, and F. P. Wieland, Eds. Winter Simulation Conference. Winter
Simulation Conference, 627-635.
Kumar, "Mining and Querying Business Process Logs," KDD Workshop on
Data Mining for Business Applications (affiliated with KDD conference), August
2006, Philadelphia .
Wang and A. Kumar, " Exception Handling Using Task Substitution and Delegation in Resource-Driven Workflow
of 15h Annual Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS 2006) ,
Las Vegas , December 10-11, 2005, 147-152.
R. Liu and
A. Kumar, "An Analysis and Taxonomy of Unstructured Workflows," Third International Conference on
Business Process Management
(BPM 2005), Nancy,
France, Springer-Verlag, Lecture Notes in Computer
Science, September 2005.
and A. Kumar , "A Framework for
Document-Driven Workflow Systems," Third
International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2005) ,
Nancy, France, Springer-Verlag, Lecture Notes in
Computer Science, September 2005.
. Wainer and A. Kumar, "A fine grained, controllable
user-to-user delegation method in RBAC," Proceedings of the 10th ACM Symposium on Access Control
Models and Technologies , Stockholm , June 2005, 59-66 (ACM Press)
R. Liu, A.
Kumar and W. v.d. Aalst , "A formal modeling
approach for supply chain management," Proceedings
of 14th Annual Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS 2004) ,
Washington , D.C. , December 11-12, 2004 , 110-115.
H.H.Bi and A. Kumar, 2004. "A canonical form for the
definition, querying, and manipulation of Workflows," Proceedings of the Fourteenth Workshop
on Information Technology and Systems (WITS 2004) , Washington ,
D.C. , December 11-12, 2004 , 26-31.
S. Sarnikar, J. L. Zhao, and A. Kumar, "Organizational
Knowledge Distribution: An Experimental Evaluation," Proceedings of the
Tenth Americas Conference on Information
Systems, New York City, August 2004. (Best paper nominee)
R. Liu and A. Kumar,"Leveraging Information Sharing to Increase Supply Chain Configurability," Proceedings
of the Twenty-Fourth International Conference on Information Systems,
Seattle, December 2003.
A. Kumar, J. Wainer,
Z. Zhang, " Meta-workflows and ESP: A Framework for Coordination,
Exception Handling, and Adaptability in WorkflowSystems,"
CAiSE'03 Workshop on Web Services,
e-Business, and the Semantic Web (WES), Austria, June 2003. (Proceedings to be published by Springer-Verlag
W.M.P. van der Aalst,
A. Kumar, H.M.W. Verbeek, "Organizational Modeling in UML and XML in the
context of Workflow Systems," ACM Symposiumon
Melbourne, Fl, March 2003.
Kumar, A., "Organizing an Optimal Hierarchy
of Web Pages Based on Access Frequency," Workshop on Information
Technology and Systems (WITS), 181-186, Barcelona, Spain, December 2002.
Kumar, A., and Zhao, L., " EROICA: A Rule-based Approach to
Organizational Policy Management in Workflow Systems," Proceedings of WAIM'02
Conference, Beijing, August 2002. (Published by Springer-Verlag: X. Meng, J. Su, and Y.
Wang (Eds.), LNCS 2419,201−212, 2002, Berlin
W.M.P. van der Aalst,
H.M.W. Verbeek, and A. Kumar, "XRL/Woflan: Verification and extensibility of an
XML/Petri-net based language for inter- organizational workflows," Proceedings of the 6th Informs
Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST 2001), Miami Beach, Fl, 30-45, November 2001. (This paper received the best paper award at the conference.)
R. Hull, G. Karvounarakis, A. Kumar, G. Tong, M. Xiong: Beyond Discrete
E-Services: Composing Session-Oriented Services in Telecommunications. TES
Christophides, R. Hull, A. Kumar, "Querying and Splicing of
Workflows," Sixth International Conference on Cooperative Information
Systems (CoopIS 2001), In Cooperation with VLDB 2001, Trento, Italy,
September 2001, 386-402.
W.M.P. van der
Aalst, H. M. W. Verbeek and A. Kumar, Verification of XRL: An XML-based
Workflow Language, Proceedings of the Sixth International
Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, 427-432, London, Ontario, Canada, July 2001.
Kumar, A., and E. Stohr, A Dynamic Grouping Technique
for Distributing Codified-Knowledge in Large Organizations, Workshop on
Information Technology and Systems (WITS), Sydney, Australia, December
Kumar, A., and Simeon, J., Smart Supply Web: An application of Web-based data
and workflow mediation, Workshop on Technologies for E-Services (VLDB-TES
Workshop), Cairo, September 2000.
and T. Camp, "A New Matching Algorithm for Managing Location Information
in Mobile Computing," Proceedings of the19th IEEE International
Conference on Performance, Computing, and Communications (IPCCC 2000), Phoenix, Arizona, February 2000.
Kumar, A., " A
Framework for handling delegation in Workflow Management Systems," Workshop
on Information Technology and Systems (WITS), Charlotte, December 1999.
Zhao, L., Kumar, A., and E. Stohr, A
Workflow-centric Study of Organizational Knowledge Distribution, 33rd Hawaii
International Conference on Systems Sciences, January 2000.
Kumar, A., and Zhao, L., XRL:
An Extensible Routing Language for Electronic Commerce Applications, International
Conference on Telecommunications and Electronic Commerce (ICTEC), Nashville,
TN, November 1998.
Kumar, A., "A randomized
algorithm for distributed consensus," IEEE Symposium on Reliable
Distributed Systems, Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN, October 1998.
Kumar, A., and Zhao, L., "Architectures and Techniques for Large-Scale, Distributed Workflow
Management on the Internet," Workshop on Information Technology and
Systems, Atlanta, December 1997.
Kumar, A., and I. Olmeda, "Hybrid
Classifiers for Knowledge Discovery," Proceedings INFORMS Conference on
Information Systems and Technology, San Diego, May 1997.
Kumar, A., and Zhao, L., "A
Framework for Dynamic Routing and Operational Integrity Controls
in a Workflow Management System," 29th Hawaii International Conference
on Systems Sciences, January 1996, 492-501.
Adly, N., and Kumar, A., " HPP: A
Hierarchical Propagation Protocol for Large Scale Replication in Wide Area
Networks," Seventh InternationalConference
on Computing and Information,
Peterborough, ON, Canada, July 1995.
Kumar, A., "A Study of Spatial Clustering Techniques, " Lecture notes in Computer Science 856,
Springer-Verlag, September 1994, 57-71. (Proceedings
of the Fifth International DEXA conference, Athens, Greece.)
Cheung, S.Y. and Kumar, A., "Efficient Solution Techniques
for the Quorumcast Problem," Proceedings of
IEEE Infocom 94, Toronto, Canada, 840-847.
Kumar, A., M. Rabinovich and R. Sinha, "A Performance Study of General Grid Structures
for Replicated Data, " IEEE International
Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, " Pittsburgh, May 1993,
Kumar, A., "Techniques for Indexing Large Numbers of Rules
and Constraints in a Database System," Proceedings of the Fourth
International Conference on Database and Expert System Applications (DEXA),
Valencia, Spain, September 1992, 65-71 (Springer-Verlag
Kumar, A., "A Randomized Voting Algorithm," Proceedings
of the Eleventh IEEE International Conference on Distributed Systems,
Arlington, TX, May 1991, 412-419.
Kumar, A., "A New Approach for Conflict Resolution and Rule
Processing in a Knowledge-Based System," Proceedings of the Eleventh
International Conference on Information Systems, Copenhagen, Denmark,
December 1990, 15-23.
Kumar, A., "Performance Analysis of a Hierarchical Quorum
Consensus Algorithm for Replicated Objects," Proceedings of the Tenth
IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, Paris,
France, June 1990, 378-385.
Kumar, A., "An Analysis of Borrowing Policies for Escrow
Transactions in a Replicated Data Environment," Proceedings of the
Sixth IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, Los Angeles, CA,
February 1990, 446-454.
Kumar, A., "A Crash Recovery Algorithm Based on Multiple
Logs that Exploits Parallelism," Proceedings of the Second IEEE
Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing, Dallas, TX, December
Kumar, A. and Segev, A., "Optimizing and Evaluating Algorithms for Replicated Data Concurrency
Control," Proceedings of the Ninth IEEE International Conference on
Distributed Computing Systems, Newport Beach, CA, June 1989, 101-109.
Kumar, A. and Segev, A., "Optimizing Voting-Type Algorithms for Replicated Data," Lecture
Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 303, J.W. Schmidt, S. Ceri,
and M. Misekoff (eds.), Springer-Verlag,
March 1988, 428-442. (Proceedings of the First International Conference on
Extending Database Technology, Venice, Italy.)
Kumar, A. and Stonebraker, M., "Semantics Based Transaction Management Techniques for Replicated
Data," Proceedings 1988 ACM SIGMOD (Special Interest Group on
Management of Data) Conference, Chicago, Il June 1988, 117-125.
Kumar, A. and Stonebraker, M., "Performance Evaluation of an Operating System Transaction Manager," Proceedings
of the Thirteenth International VLDB (Very Large Databases) Conference,
Brighton, U.K., September 1987, 473-481.
Book Chapters/Newsletters/Other Publications
A and Wang, J., "A framework for designing resource driven workflow
systems," The International Handbook on Business Process Management, M. Rosemann and J. vom Brocke (eds.), 2009 (forthcoming).
V. Christophides, R. Hull, A. Kumar, J. Simeon, Workflow
mediation using VorteXML, IEEE Data Engineering
Bulletin 24(1), March 2001, 40-45.
A and Zhao J.L., Information Technology and Management, Special Issue, Guest
editors, Volume 5 , Issue 3-4 (July-October 2004) .
Kumar, A. and Stonebraker, M., "The Effect of Join Selectivity on
Optimal Nesting Order," ACM SIGMOD (Special Interest Group on Managemen of Data) Record, Vol. 16, No. 1, March 1987,
Kumar, A. and Stonebraker, M., "Operating System Support for Data
Management," IEEE Data Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 3, September 1986,
Click here to
request a paper