Some Phonetics Websites for Vowels
Back to Linguistics Links
Height, Backness and Rounding
Other Vowel Features
[±ATR] Tense/Lax Vowels
- Akan, Open Syllables (UCLA Ladefoged)
- Also English, Closed Syllables (UCLA, Ladefoged)
Dakota Color Bars
- What's the difference between the white, green, and brown red rectangels on the
row and the bicolored rectangles beneath them?
- What's the difference between the pale blue rectangle and the blue and pink rectangle?
- How is the pink and blue different from the from the white/gray, green/grey, etc.
- What's the difference between the bicolored rectangles on the bottom row and
the pink, dark brown and yellow rectangles immediately above?
I'm not necessarily advovationg this, just informing you of background of site.