Deadline for paper proposal submissions (maximum 1,000 words): July 15, 2013
Notification of acceptance: September 15, 2013
This call for juried paper proposals seeks original contributions including reports of research, theory, pedagogy, best practices, think pieces, and critical essays that contribute to elaboration of the conference theme of "Educational Entrepreneurship." Potential topics related to entrepreneurship could include but are not limited to: Program revision; Curricular innovation; Program delivery; Innovative service learning initiatives; High impact practices; Novel pedagogical approaches; Approaches to research. More information on the conference theme can be found at: http://www.alise.org/assets/documents/conf_2014/2014-general%20call%20for%20participation.pdf
Submissions should be original papers that have not been previously published. There are no restrictions on research methodology. Alternative perspectives on educational entrepreneurship in library and information science are welcomed and encouraged.
Instructions for Submission
Submissions will include the following:
· 1. Title of the paper
· 2. Names, affiliations, and contact information of the authors, with one author designated as the contact for the paper
· 3. 50-word abstract for the conference program
· 4. Up to 1,000 word extended abstract with a select reference list (.doc or .docx file)
Abstracts will be evaluated by the Juried Paper Proposal Committee according to the following critiera:
· 1. Connection to conference theme
· 2. Relevance to current and emerging issues in LIS education
· 3. Originality of ideas
· 4. Potential impact/significance
· 5. Select references to relevant literature
· 6. Overall quality of writing
Submissions will be made through the Easy Chair system, at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=alise2014
Follow these steps:
1. 1. Log on the system (create an EasyChair account if you do not already have one)
2. 2. If you are also a reviewer, please be sure to select "author" as your role for your own submission.
3. 3. Select "New Submission".
4. 4. Complete all the information requested. Enter a title and provide a 50-word abstract for your submission. This will be used for the Conference Program.
5. 5. Upload your file (extended abstract) and press "Submit".
6. 6. You should also receive a confirmation email from the EasyChair system.
Please note: submitting a proposal constitutes your permission for ALISE to publish the brief and extended abstracts in the conference program and on the ALISE website, if your proposal is accepted.
Deadline for submissions is July 15, 2013.
Applicants will be informed of the Committee's decisions by September 15, 2013. Conference presentation time slots will be published in the conference program. All presenters are required to register for the ALISE 2014 conference.
Please note: Juried paper proposals accepted for presentation at the conference, which are developed into full papers, are eligible for consideration for the Journal of Education for Library and Information Science (JELIS) "best papers" conference issue. Deadline for submission of full papers for possible publication in JELIS will be March 1, 2014, and those submissions should be made to the editor of JELIS.