Co-editors: Brigitte Bechtold (Department of Sociology, Central Michigan University; firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com
> ) and Donna Cooper Graves (Department of History and Philosophy, University of Tennessee at Martin; firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com
This one-volume specialized encyclopedia, to be published by the Edwin Mellen Press, will be devoted to the topic of infanticide across human history and in its worldwide context. While remaining accessible to the general public, this interdisciplinary encyclopedia is aimed primarily at college students, scholars in related fields, and professionals. All will be signed by their authors, who will also receive individual bylines in the volume.
* Identify the entries you are interested in submitting via email to both co-editors.
* Include an attachment in Windows 97-2003 of your 2-page CV, with your academic affiliation, and areas of research and teaching.
* Entries of 250, 500 or 750 words are due October 30, 2009. Entries of 1000 words are due November 15, 2009.
* The number of references per entry is as follows: 3 for entries of 250 words; 4 for entries of 500 words; 5 for entries of 750 words, and 7 for entries of 1000 words.
* At most one internet source should be included per entry.
The number of words is in parentheses following the entries that are still available:
B Bavaria (750)
C Cannibalism (250); Caribbean (1000)
D Darfur, murder of infants (250)
H Hindi cinema (500); Hugo, Victor (500)
I Illegitimacy (750); Incest (750); Infanticide in the media (750); Italy (250)
L Legends (750); Literary fiction (specify category of interest) (750)
M Matriarchy (500)
P Pacific Islands (500); Poor farms (500); Prostitution (500)
R Revenge (500)
S Scandinavia (750); Slavery (750); South America (1000)