This was designed for a homework problem. I thought it was a cool design, so I posted it.
This design has the following features:
- Ample lower cargo bay designed specifically for small refrigerators, which seems to be a very popular concept. (I collected some data on what people in my dorm wanted in an entertainment center)
- Wide base provides for stability.
- Open framework allows easy wiring and ensures good acoustic properties.
- Large top provides a surface for the often impromptu setup of game systems, beverages, or other random stuff, as well as a large TV.
- Modern chromed steel and wood construction is aesthetically pleasing.
- Very simple assembly:
- Remove product from box.
- Tap the foot plugs (4) into the tubes on the bottom of the C-shaped entertainment center base.
- Bolt the side panels (3) to the base through the (3) bolt holes.
- Bolt the C-shaped entertainment center top to the side panels such that the round bolt heads are on top.
- Tilting the middle shelf at an angle from the horizontal, lower it onto the side panel's support lugs.
- Lower the top shelf onto the top of the entertainment center.
A view of the project
For a sense of scale, the thing is about 38" high (bottom of feet to top of top shelf) and 37" in diameter.