V. Daniel R. Guide, Jr.
Smeal Professor of Supply Chain Management
Professor of Operations Research
Department of Supply Chain & Information Systems
Smeal College of Business
Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA
(to send email replace |AT| with @)
· My research is focused on way to create industrial systems that are both environmentally and economically sustainable. In particular, my work focuses on the design, management and control of closed-loop supply chains.
· Closed-loop supply chain management is the design, control and operation of a system to maximize value creation over the entire life-cycle of a product with dynamic recovery of value from different types and volumes of returns over time.
· I am Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Operations Management (see our website at http://wpcarey.asu.edu/JOM/index.cfm)
· I am Co-Departmental Editor for the Sustainable Operations Department at Production and Operations Management
The citation analysis is from Google Scholar above is current as of January 2013.
To see my up to date information http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=H7x1kq8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
· Journal feature issues on closed-loop supply chains that I’ve co-edited
o Production and Operations Management 2006 15(3&4)
1. Part 1 – 15(3)
2. Part 2 – 15(4)
· Full CV (current as of Summer 2010)
· My teaching case (with L.N. Van Wassenhove) ‘Product Returns at HP’ won the 2007 (P/OM) Case Award from ECCH