Chemistry Research Support Technician and Chemistry Lab Instructor
Penn State Altoona
3000 Ivyside Park
101A Science Building
Altoona, PA 16601-3760
Tel: (814) 949-5169
Fax: (814) 949-5190
This page is designed to be a resource to faculty, staff, and students in the Chemistry Department and other science disciplines.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding the chemistry laboratories.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Oversee normal operation of laboratories
· Design and develop new lab experiments
· Train and supervise work-studies
· Monitor and anticipate lab supplies
· Implement safety procedures and policies
· Maintain specialized equipment (NMR, GG-MS, IR, UV-VIS and AA)
· Maintain the chemical inventory, MSDS, and chemical waste inventory
· Prepare and standardize chemical solutions for labs and demonstrations
· Catalog and label new chemicals, update chemical inventory annually with CHIMS
This page and all
material contained within is copyright 2005 DMB.
Site lovingly designed by Michael E. Fink.