Previous and Visiting Positions:
- Secretary, SIAM Activity Group on Analysis of PDE, January 2013-December 2014
- Core Visitor, Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics, September-October 2014
- Associate Professor, Penn State University, 2009-2013
- Michler Visiting Fellow, Cornell University, Spring 2012
- Long-term visitor, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, January-June 2010.
- Assistant Professor, Penn State University, 2003-2009
- Gibbs Instructor, Yale University, 2000-2003 (on-leave 2001-2002)
- Postdoctoral Associate, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, January-June 2002
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, August-December 2001
- Liftoff Fellow, Clay Mathematics Institute, June-July 2000
- Ph.D. Mathematics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill , 2000. Adviser: Michael E. Taylor.
- B.S./M.S. Physics, Milan University, Italy, 1994. Adviser: Paolo Cotta-Ramusino.
- Recent Advances in hydrodynamics, Banff International Research Station, Bannf, Canada, June 5-10, 2016.
- Summer School on Transport, Mixing, and Fluids, Levico Terme, Italy, Jule 20-24, 2015.
- Workshop Mathematical Analysis of Turbulence, Thematic Program "Mathematics of Turbulence", IPAM, UCLA, September 29-October 3, 2014.
- School "Around Vortices: from Continuum to Quantum Mechanics", Thematic Program on Incompressible Fluids, IMPA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, March 12-21, 2014.
- A Conference on Partial Differential Equations Analytic and Geometric Aspects in honor of Michael Taylor's 65th birthday, UNC-Chapel Hill, July 16-20, 2012.
- Workshop on the Mathematics of Financial Risk Management, Penn State, May 10-11, 2012.
- 3rd Workshop in Fluids and PDE, June 27 - July 1, 2011, Campinas, Brazil.
Ensemble of Bred Vectors for a model
of Thermohaline Circulation
(MATLAB © generated,
N. Balci, A. Mazzucato, J. Restrepo, and G. Sell)
| FEM solution of the
Laplace equation |
in a crack domain with Dirichlet b. c.
(Generated using C code, available here ,
H. Li and V. Nistor.)
| Section of slowness
for transversely isotropic media
A. Mazzucato & L. Rachele)
Research Interests.Analysis of Partial Differential Equations:
- Fluid Mechanics: properties of mild and weak solutions to the 3D Navier-Stokes equations, 2D and QG turbulence (in particular dissipation of energy and enstrophy), vanishing viscosity limit.
- Elasticity: well-posedness and regularity of anisotropic elastostatics in generalized polyhedral domains (with applications to the Finite Element Method), quasi-static crack formation, wave propagation in anisotropic elastic media.
- Inverse Problems: unique determination of elastic moduli from dynamic displacement-traction boundary measurements in anisotropic elastic media (specifically for transversely isotropic media), transient elastography, option pricing.
Research partially supported by grants from the National Science Foundation, Division of Mathematical Sciences.
Fields of Expertise:
- Harmonic and Microlocal Analysis.
- Analyis of Partial Differential Equations.
- Global analysis, analysis on Manifolds.
Research Experiences for Undergraduates
© Anna Mazzucato Last modified: Thu Jul 28 15:23:59 EDT 2016