Penn State Personal Web Server
The purpose of www.personal.psu.edu is to provide web hosting services in a unified place for Penn State departments, organizations, faculty, staff and the general student population. Note that www.personal.psu.edu was transitioned to linux on January 5, 2017.
Using Penn State Personal Web Space
These services let you use your PASS space to serve content via HTTP.
- Apply for Web space on personal.psu.edu.
- Host your CGI on personal.psu.edu
- Use server side includes (SSI) to include files or dynamic content in your web pages.
- Serve your content securely using SSL on protected.personal.psu.edu
- Test your CGI on test.scripts.psu.edu.
- Serve PHP scripts via the Penn State PHP Web Service (php.scripts.psu.edu).
Penn State Resources and Documentation
- Use PASS Explorer to modify permissions on your files.
- Pass Utilities
- Personal Web Space FAQ (IT Knowledge Base)
- Use EI&O supported CGIs in your web pages.
- Learn how to make web pages accessible for users with different disabilities.
- Penn State Policy on Web Page Design